Monday, July 18, 2011

Introduction

What’s up folks! This is my first official blog entry. I’ve never blogged before, so I’ll be learning as I go. My name is Rashad Ghaffar and I’m currently living in Charlotte, North Carolina. As some of you may know I’ve joined the Peace Corps. I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog due to the fact that the living conditions of the country I’m going to be living in might limit my communication. This way whenever I get a chance, I can update everyone at once how everything is going. I’m not really going to write a lot about me, but what I experience more from a journalistic point of view. My life is boring enough living it, let alone talking about it. I’ll try to make entries interesting and brief. I’m quiet by nature vocally, but I can write for days, so I’ll have to catch myself when I’m getting long winded. I plan on getting a descent camera before I go, so I can upload as many pictures and videos as possible. That way if I lose a lot of weight, get 10 shades darker, and come back w/ a plate in my bottom lip, wearing a loin cloth; no one will be shocked after not seeing me for 2 years. I’m scheduled to leave for Ethiopia on October 3rd. There really won’t be too much going on between now and then, so entries will be few and far between. I’ll do an entry on why I decided to do the Peace Corps, and another on all I went through during the application process, which lasted 10 months. Thanks for stopping by, and hopefully through this blog we can all make this journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment